ChromeLive! presented by RVCA has reached a deal with Project 7 water. We are very passionate about this brand. We couldn’t think of a more fitting brand to partner with for the event . Take a little time and get to know these guys! Super cool concept and great people!
Who We Are
You buy. We give.
Project 7 is a company that is passionate about social change. For every purchase of a Project 7 product, the company donates 50 percent of its profits to seven areas of critical need in the world – Build the Future, Feed the Hungry, Heal the Sick, Help Those in Need, Hope for Peace, House the Homeless, and Save the Earth. Non-profit organizations supporting any of these seven areas of need can submit applications to Project 7. Seven of these organizations, one from each area of need, will be voted on a by consumers and supported by product proceeds for the upcoming year. Currently, Project 7 manufactures bio-bottled water, gum, mints and T-shirts.
Project 7 was created as a way to give back, inspire others and educate people on real needs throughout the world. Our goal is to “Change the Score.”
What Does “Change the Score” mean?
Change the score. Move the needle. Make a significant, measurable difference in lives all over the world.
How it Started
Founded in 2008, Project 7 is the brainchild of founder Tyler Merrick, a.k.a. “the social capitalist”. He wanted to turn the 7 deadly sins upside down. For example, instead of focusing on a person who is gluttonous, focus on helping the person who has nothing to eat. Project 7’s goal is to make positive change in seven areas of global need.
How We Do It
1. FUNDING – You buy, we give. Purchase any Project 7 product and 50% of the profits are given back to the cause the product represents. You, our consumers, select the non-profits that will receive the funding. Once a year we hold a vote where our community selects from three finalists per cause, choosing the winning non-profits for the year. To check out our line of Project 7 products, check out our store. (link to retail store) To learn more about our current winning non-profits, check out each of our individual cause pages. (link to the first cause page)
2. VOLUNTEERING – As a company, Project 7 volunteers and encourages our partners to volunteer every month at a non-profit that works toward positive change in one of the seven areas of need. These monthly events are called 7 Days. To learn more about 7 Days and how to become a local 7 Day chapter click here.
3. EDUCATING –
• Every minute, two children are trafficked for sex.
• The U.S. wastes enough food to feed the world.
• Arctic ice is rapidly disappearing, and the region may have its first completely ice-free summer by 2040 or earlier.
The best way to inspire is to educate. Project 7 believes that the more people understand the breadth and depth of the issues facing our world, the more people will be motivated to participate in positive change. On a daily basis, Project 7 utilizes social media to tell a new story and inform people of the issues. To stay in the know follow us on Twitter and check out our blog.
We can’t do it without you, our community. Together we will work to make significant positive changes in our world – for ourselves, for our neighbors, for our future.